Monday, September 19, 2016

Road Trippin'

Good morning!  I am up and out this morning, road tripping to visit a friend today!  I look forward to the drive, seeing the sunrise up towards Auburn and the Sierras and then driving across the wise expanse of Nevada.

california sunrise
 
I was thinking about all the landmarks along the way.. like Pumpernickel Valley, which I should NEVER HAVE GOOGLED before heading out.  OMG people, terrifying. 


pumpernickelvalley
 
Yet I've driven across that valley quite a few times unscathed so I'll risk it again.  I was curious about the mountain ranges that I cross in Nevada, not sure exactly which these are.. but they're beautiful covered in snow. (pictures from May 2016)


road trip
 
I have some audio books to keep me company and some regular spots to stop off for gas etc. And the excitement of a few visiting and  sewing  with Nanette!  It should be a great week!
 
Hope you have a good week ahead!! I'll see you soon! xo
 
 

7 Comments:

Blogger Wendyb said...

have a safe trip and enjoy your visit.....time spent with friends is more valuable than anything xox :o) sugary hugs

6:33 AM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

Aha! When you mentioned driving across Nevada, I guessed you might be going to see Nanette! I hope you two have a wonderful time!

6:39 AM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

have a wonderful time!!! Now I will have to google Pumpernickel valley too!

8:57 AM  
Anonymous Summer said...

Happy Monday! Enjoy your trip ♥

summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

12:19 PM  
Blogger greg @ grey dogwood studio said...

Eek! Alright, please don't "disappear" on us! I-80 indeed!

7:26 PM  
Blogger Miss Jean said...

I've travelled Hwy 80 many times. I guess I'm lucky to be alive!!! LOL!

10:13 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

We haven't heard from you since you left......are you ok?

3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older